Typical Digital Pty Ltd is an Australian company who is the owner of the Airplane Shirts brand.
1. About the Website
- Welcome to https://www.airplaneshirts.com (the ‘Website‘). The Website provides you with an opportunity to browse and purchase various products that have been listed for sale through the Website (the ‘Products‘). The Website provides this service by way of granting you access to the content on the Website (the ‘Account Services‘).
- The Website is operated by Typical Digital Pty Ltd PTY LTD (ABN 32613973078) . Access to and use of the Website, or any of its associated Products or Services, is provided by Typical Digital Pty Ltd. Please read these terms and conditions (the ‘Terms‘) carefully. By using, browsing and/or reading the Website, this signifies that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by the Terms. If you do not agree with the Terms, you must cease usage of the Website, or any of Services, immediately.
- Typical Digital Pty Ltd reserves the right to review and change any of the Terms by updating this page at its sole discretion. When Typical Digital Pty Ltd updates the Terms, it will use reasonable endeavors to provide you with notice of updates to the Terms. Any changes to the Terms take immediate effect from the date of their publication. Before you continue, we recommend you keep a copy of the Terms for your records.
2. Acceptance of the Terms
- You accept the Terms by remaining on the Website. You may also accept the Terms by clicking to accept or agree to the Terms where this option is made available to you by Typical Digital Pty Ltd in the user interface.
3. Purchase of Products and Returns Policy
- In using the Account Services to purchase the Product through the Website, you will agree to the payment of the purchase price listed on the Website for the Product (the ‘Purchase Price‘).
- Payment of the Purchase Price may be made through Stripe (the ‘Payment Gateway Provider‘)
- Following payment of the Purchase Price being confirmed by Typical Digital Pty Ltd, you will be issued with a receipt to confirm that the payment has been received and Typical Digital Pty Ltd may record your purchase details for future use.
- Typical Digital Pty Ltd may, at their sole discretion, provide a store credit on the return of the Products within 14 days where the Product packaging is unopened and remains in a salable condition. You acknowledge and agree that you are liable for any postage and shipping costs associated with any store credit pursuant to this clause.
- Typical Digital Pty Ltd’s Products come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or store credit for a major failure of the Product. You are also entitled to have the Products repaired or replaced if the Products fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure (the ‘Warranty‘).
- You may make a claim under this clause (the ‘ Warranty Claim‘) for material defects and workmanship in the Products within 14 days from the date of purchase (the ‘ Warranty Period‘).
- In order to make a Warranty Claim during the Warranty Period, you must provide proof of purchase to Typical Digital Pty Ltd showing the date of purchase of the Products, provide a description of the Products and the price paid for the Products by sending written notice to Typical Digital Pty Ltd at SUITE 635, 585 LITTLE COLLINS STREET, MELBOURNE, VICTORIA, 3000, AUSTRALIA or by Contact Us.
- Where the Warranty Claim is accepted then Typical Digital Pty Ltd will, at its sole discretion, either repair or replace any defective Products or part thereof with a new or re-manufactured equivalent during the Warranty Period at no charge to you for parts or labor. You acknowledge and agree that you will be solely liable for any postage or shipping costs incurred in facilitating the Warranty Claim.
- The Warranty shall be the sole and exclusive warranty granted by Typical Digital Pty Ltd and shall be the sole and exclusive remedy available to you in addition to other rights and under a law in relation to the Products to which this warranty relates.
- All implied warranties including the warranties of merchant-ability and fitness for use are limited to the Warranty Period.
- The Warranty does not apply to any appearance of the supplied Products nor to the additional excluded items set forth below nor to any supplied Products where the exterior of which has been damaged or defaced, which has been subjected to misuse, abnormal service or handling, or which has been altered or modified in design or construction.
- You acknowledge that the Account Services offered by Typical Digital Pty Ltd integrate delivery (the ‘ Delivery Services‘) through the use of third-party delivery companies (the ‘ Delivery Service Providers‘).
- In providing the Account Services, Typical Digital Pty Ltd may provide you with a variety of delivery and insurance options offered as part of the Delivery Services by the Delivery Service Providers. You acknowledge and agree that Typical Digital Pty Ltd is not the provider of these delivery and insurance options and merely facilitates your interaction with the Delivery Service Providers in respect to providing the Delivery Services.
- In the event that an item is lost or damaged in the course of the Delivery Services, Typical Digital Pty Ltd asks that you Contact Us.
6. Copyright and Intellectual Property
- The Website, the Account Services and all of the related products of Typical Digital Pty Ltd are subject to copyright. The material on the Website is protected by copyright under the laws of Australia and through international treaties. Unless otherwise indicated, all rights (including copyright) in the site content and compilation of the website (including text, graphics, logos, button icons, video images, audio clips and software) (the ‘Content‘) are owned or controlled for these purposes, and are reserved by Typical Digital Pty Ltd or its contributors.
- Typical Digital Pty Ltd retains all rights, title and interest in and to the Website and all related content. Nothing you do on or in relation to the Website will transfer to you:
- the business name, trading name, domain name, trade mark, industrial design, patent, registered design or copyright of Typical Digital Pty Ltd; or
- the right to use or exploit a business name, trading name, domain name, trade mark or industrial design; or
- a system or process that is the subject of a patent, registered design or copyright (or an adaptation or modification of such a system or process).
- You may not, without the prior written permission of Typical Digital Pty Ltd and the permission of any other relevant rights owners: broadcast, republish, up-load to a third party, transmit, post, distribute, show or play in public, adapt or change in any way the Content or third party content for any purpose. This prohibition does not extend to materials on the Website, which are freely available for re-use or are in the public domain.
8. General Disclaimer
- You acknowledge that Typical Digital Pty Ltd does not make any terms, guarantees, warranties, representations or conditions whatsoever regarding the Products other than provided for pursuant to these Terms.
- Typical Digital Pty Ltd will make every effort to ensure a Product is accurately depicted on the Website, however, you acknowledge that sizes, colors and packaging may differ from what is displayed on the Website.
- Nothing in these Terms limits or excludes any guarantees, warranties, representations or conditions implied or imposed by law, including the Australian Consumer Law (or any liability under them) which by law may not be limited or excluded.
- Subject to this clause, and to the extent permitted by law:
- all terms, guarantees, warranties, representations or conditions which are not expressly stated in these Terms are excluded; and
- Typical Digital Pty Ltd will not be liable for any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage (unless such loss or damage is reasonably foreseeable resulting from our failure to meet an applicable Consumer Guarantee), loss of profit or opportunity, or damage to goodwill arising out of or in connection with the Account Services or these Terms (including as a result of not being able to use the Account Services or the late supply of the Account Services), whether at common law, under contract, tort (including negligence), in equity, pursuant to statute or otherwise.
- Use of the Website, the Account Services, and any of the products of Typical Digital Pty Ltd (including the Delivery Services), is at your own risk. Everything on the Website, the Account Services, and the Products of Typical Digital Pty Ltd, are provided to you on an “as is” and “as available” basis, without warranty or condition of any kind. None of the affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, contributors, third party content providers or licencors of Typical Digital Pty Ltd (including any third party where the Delivery Services are made available to you) make any express or implied representation or warranty about its Content or any products or Account Services (including the products or Account Services of Typical Digital Pty Ltd) referred to on the Website. This includes (but is not restricted to) loss or damage you might suffer as a result of any of the following:
- failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, failure to correct defects, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus or other harmful component, loss of data, communication line failure, unlawful third party conduct, or theft, destruction, alteration or unauthorized access to records;
- the accuracy, suitability or currency of any information on the Website, the Purchase Service, or any of its Content related products (including third party material and advertisements on the Website);
- costs incurred as a result of you using the Website, the Account Services or any of the Products;
- the Content or operation in respect to links which are provided for the User’s convenience;
- any failure to complete a transaction, or any loss arising from e-commerce transacted on the Website; or
- any defamatory, threatening, offensive or unlawful conduct of third parties or publication of any materials relating to or constituting such conduct.
9. Limitation of Liability
- Typical Digital Pty Ltd’s total liability arising out of or in connection with the Account Services or these Terms, however arising, including under contract, tort (including negligence), in equity, under statute or otherwise, will not exceed the most recent Purchase Price paid by you under these Terms or where you have not paid the Purchase Price, then the total liability of Typical Digital Pty Ltd is the resupply of information or Account Services to you.
- You expressly understand and agree that Typical Digital Pty Ltd, its affiliates, employees, agents, contributors, third party content providers and licencors shall not be liable to you for any direct, indirect, incidental, special consequential or exemplary damages which may be incurred by you, however caused and under any theory of liability. This shall include, but is not limited to, any loss of profit (whether incurred directly or indirectly), any loss of goodwill or business reputation and any other intangible loss.
- Typical Digital Pty Ltd is not responsible or liable in any manner for any site content (including the Content and Third-Party Content) posted on the Website or in connection with the Account Services, whether posted or caused by users of the website of Typical Digital Pty Ltd, by third parties or by any of the Account Services offered by Typical Digital Pty Ltd.
- You acknowledge that Typical Digital Pty Ltd does not provide the Delivery Services to you and you agree that Typical Digital Pty Ltd will not be liable to you for any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage, loss of profit or opportunity, or damage to goodwill arising out of or in connection with the Delivery Services.
10. Termination of Contract
- The Terms will continue to apply until terminated by either you or by Typical Digital Pty Ltd as set out below.
- If you want to terminate the Terms, you may do so by:
- notifying Typical Digital Pty Ltd at any time; and
- closing your accounts for all of the Account Services which you use, where Typical Digital Pty Ltd has made this option available to you.
- Your notice should be sent, in writing, to Typical Digital Pty Ltd via Contact Us.
- Typical Digital Pty Ltd may at any time, terminate the Terms with you if:
- you have breached any provision of the Terms or intend to breach any provision;
- Typical Digital Pty Ltd is required to do so by law;
- the partner with whom Typical Digital Pty Ltd offered the Account Services to you has terminated its relationship with Typical Digital Pty Ltd or ceased to offer the Account Services to you;
- Typical Digital Pty Ltd is transitioning to no longer providing the Account Services to Users in the country in which you are resident or from which you use the service; or
- the provision of the Account Services to you by Typical Digital Pty Ltd is, in the opinion of Typical Digital Pty Ltd, no longer commercially viable.
- Subject to local applicable laws, Typical Digital Pty Ltd reserves the right to discontinue or cancel your membership to the Website at any time and may suspend or deny, in its sole discretion, your access to all or any portion of the Website or the Account Services without notice if you breach any provision of the Terms or any applicable law or if your conduct impacts Typical Digital Pty Ltd’s name or reputation or violates the rights of those of another party.
- When the Terms come to an end, all of the legal rights, obligations and liabilities that you and Typical Digital Pty Ltd have benefited from, been subject to (or which have accrued over time whilst the Terms have been in force) or which are expressed to continue indefinitely, shall be unaffected by this cessation, and the provisions of this clause shall continue to apply to such rights, obligations and liabilities indefinitely.
- You agree to indemnify Typical Digital Pty Ltd, its affiliates, employees, agents, contributors, third party content providers and licencors from and against:
- all actions, suits, claims, demands, liabilities, costs, expenses, loss and damage (including legal fees on a full indemnity basis) incurred, suffered or arising out of or in connection with any Content you post through the Website;
- any direct or indirect consequences of you accessing, using or transacting on the Website or attempts to do so and any breach by you or your agents of these Terms; and/or
- any breach of the Terms.
12. Dispute Resolution
If a dispute arises out of or relates to the Terms, either party may not commence any Tribunal or Court proceedings in relation to the dispute, unless the following clauses have been complied with (except where urgent interlocutory relief is sought).
A party to the Terms claiming a dispute (‘Dispute‘) has arisen under the Terms, must give written notice to the other party detailing the nature of the dispute, the desired outcome and the action required to settle the Dispute.
On receipt of that notice (‘Notice‘) by that other party, the parties to the Terms (‘Parties‘) must:
- Within 14 days of the Notice endeavor in good faith to resolve the Dispute expeditiously by negotiation or such other means upon which they may mutually agree;
- If for any reason whatsoever, 14 days after the date of the Notice, the Dispute has not been resolved, the Parties must either agree upon selection of a mediator or request that an appropriate mediator be appointed by the President of the Australian Mediation Association or his or her nominee;
- The Parties are equally liable for the fees and reasonable expenses of a mediator and the cost of the venue of the mediation and without limiting the foregoing undertake to pay any amounts requested by the mediator as a pre-condition to the mediation commencing. The Parties must each pay their own costs associated with the mediation;
- The mediation will be held in Melbourne, Australia.
All communications concerning negotiations made by the Parties arising out of and in connection with this dispute resolution clause are confidential and to the extent possible, must be treated as “without prejudice” negotiations for the purpose of applicable laws of evidence.
- Termination of Mediation:
If 3 months have elapsed after the start of a mediation of the Dispute and the Dispute has not been resolved, either Party may ask the mediator to terminate the mediation and the mediator must do so.
13. Venue and Jurisdiction
- The Account Services offered by Typical Digital Pty Ltd is intended to be viewed by residents of Australia. In the event of any dispute arising out of or in relation to the Website, you agree that the exclusive venue for resolving any dispute shall be in the courts of Victoria, Australia.
14. Governing Law
- The Terms are governed by the laws of Victoria, Australia. Any dispute, controversy, proceeding or claim of whatever nature arising out of or in any way relating to the Terms and the rights created hereby shall be governed, interpreted and construed by, under and pursuant to the laws of Victoria, Australia, without reference to conflict of law principles, notwithstanding mandatory rules. The validity of this governing law clause is not contested. The Terms shall be binding to the benefit of the parties hereto and their successors and assigns.
15. Independent Legal Advice
- Both parties confirm and declare that the provisions of the Terms are fair and reasonable and both parties having taken the opportunity to obtain independent legal advice and declare the Terms are not against public policy on the grounds of inequality or bargaining power or general grounds of restraint of trade.
- If any part of these Terms is found to be void or unenforceable by a Court of competent jurisdiction, that part shall be severed and the rest of the Terms shall remain in force.